From:
Tim & Susan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 07:19:03 -0400
Hey Rob...
ok i have a amd athlon 1.3GHz that i installed and it went find...
you don't touch the pins and all you do is slide it in the slot and pull the
lever down to lock it in place...
it all goes in one way...
look for a dot in the corner of the chip and it will be missing pins so you
know that is the way it will fit in...
you need a HS and fan are required cos it will fried your cpu if you don't
have one......
i got a 250 ps and that is enough for me cos it stays around or below 130
degrees....
you just put enough thermal compond to cover the chip but don't put to much
on...
like a thin layer will be enough...
Good Luck
Timothy Gillingham