From:
Robert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:53:49 -0500
Is this modem isa or pci? If it's pci, try swapping slots. If it's an isa
modem, does it have a jumper option? Some modems default to plug and play if
the jumpers are not installed. You might have to disable one of the onboard
com ports to enable your modem to operate on com1 through 4. You might have
to set the com port manually. As for the com port number, it can be just
about anything, depending on the hardware. I have a pci usrobotics 56k v.90
hardware modem that is installed as com 5 in winME and com3 in win2K.
Robert Graf