From:
Dan Deucalion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:50:15 -0500
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:52:19 -0800, Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Dan
>
>Since you do not have any other problems except the 90 second or so buzz,
>your situation is different than Walter's. In your case, I would suspect
>that the CD player is trying to see if a CD is present from which to boot.
>Go into your BIOS at the beginning of the boot process and see what the boot
>order of your drives is. Unless you intend upon occasionally booting from a
>CD, eliminate it from the boot order or place it last in the boot order.
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>Tom Mayer

Tom - I thought of that too so I unplugged the power to the CD and all other things I could think of...hard drives, fans, cpu fan.  The noise still occurs.  I'm left to think it's the cpu, no matter how illogical it seems.  I read someplace that some Linux users had a similar problem that was caused by their power option settings, but I have all mine disabled.

Keep throwing ideas at me.  Hopefully there is something I haven't thought of.

Dan

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com