From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:16:55 -0400
No. Laptops I've seen monitor the different cells of the battery
individually, with a connection for each cell.

I can run my Laptops with the battery OUT. As a matter of fact,
HP recommends THAT if it is "home-bound" for a week or two
at a time, and constantly connected to power.

Having said all that, they sell little Laptop HD sized external HD
enclosures that I've used a lot.
Even USB cables with special conectors on the ends for temporary
hook-ups.

None of this last part fixes the Laptop, but you can get your data
off the HD to somewhere else unless the Power Supply blowing up
fried the drive too...  (Good luck.)

Rick Glazier

From: "Romario chipo"