From:
Jan Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:35:14 -0600
Unfortunately, Dr. Hardware is no longer free.  It's now shareware at
$28 for either the DOS or Win, or $23 EACH if you want them both.  I
got it for evaluation, but haven't tried it yet.

Also the URL is now:

http://www.drhardware.de/

Larry Hooper wrote:
> In this thread, it seems that a dos floppy-disk hardware
> detection program is desired. I'd like to recommend Dr. Hardware;
> http://www.online.de/home/gebhard/
> Put it on a dos floppy or a bootable dos floppy and it can
> tell all you want about the PC in question and it's free!
> It detected my Celeron 300A and everything else accurately.
> There's also a Win95/98 version to be installed on the hard drive.
> PC mechanics and buyers need this in their tool kits.

Jan Wilson                 /       [log in to unmask]
Corozal Community College / Corozal Junior College
Corozal Town, Belize     /         Central America
Visit our Corozal page  /   http://www.corozal.com
PGP key at keyservers  /  or at [log in to unmask]

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org