From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:04:08 -0700
Assuming you have only one hard drive "C" and only one CD-ROM drive it
should be automatically designated as the "D" drive. Enter the BIOS/CMOS and
make sure that the HD and CD-ROM are properly recognized. Assuming your ME
is a full install, you need to set up your BIOS/CMOS to boot with the CD-ROM
first and the hard drive second. (Hopefully your computer is new enough to
have a generic CD-ROM driver built into the BIOS.) Put the ME CD in the
CD-ROM drive and restart your computer. It should automatically start the ME
installation. After ME is installed, reset the boot order with the HD first,
Floppy drive (if you have one) second, and the CD-ROM third.

If you have two hard drives, the CD-ROM will be designated as "E" drive.

If your computer does not have a built in CD-ROM driver, you will need a
Floppy boot disk that has the CD-ROM driver on it and loads the driver while
booting. Boot with the CD-ROM supported and then change from the "A" prompt
to the "D" prompt. Insert the ME disk and do a DIR/P search (type dir/p at
the prompt). If the file setup.exe is listed, then type setup at the prompt.
If setup.exe is not listed but install.exe or .bat is listed, then type
install at the prompt. I'm not sure which is the correct command. It has
been a very long time since I've installed an ME OS. XP is just so much
better!!

If the ME is not a full install but is an upgrade, the installation will ask
for the previous OS disk to be inserted sometime during the install.

Good luck

Tom Mayer

Greetings friends!
I successfully formatted my C: to the message: FORMAT COMPLETE. SYSTEM
TRANSFERRED. However, when I proceeded with the command E:"Setup",to install
ME I got the message :"Bad command or file name". When I tried the D: prompt
I god cannot format a network drive.
I followed the format instructions very carefully and to fail with the
installation of the OS is very frustrating.
Thank you for your help
Dafnis Panagides
CYPRUS

                     visit our download web page at: