From:
Christopher Zguris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:35:28 -0400
I don't have a lot of experience w/Sygate, I tried it for a little while,
but didn't really need it. However, couple thoughts:

1) disable anti-virus software, I think it might be a problem (might have
read that, might have experienced it).

2) Config Sygate w/a modem first, to make sure host/client works properly.
Once that's done _then_ move to the cable modem.

3) No Host? AFAIK - there _must_ be a host for the clients to talk thru.
First thing you need to do is get the "host" machine to use the cable
modem. IMHO, localize the problem there, then move on to clients.

I have no experience w/cable modems, but if it's attached to a hub, w/its'
own network address, is Sygate even needed? Perhaps you just need to config
the computers to use the cable modem as a gateway. I thought Sygate w/cable
modem meant a cable modem that's attached to _one_ machine and _not_ the
network as a whole. In that situation, it's like a regular modem in that
computers on the network won't see it. But if the cable modem is already on
the network via the hub, I don't see Sygate as being appropriate.

Keep in mind, I have minimal experience with Sygate & cable modems, so
could be way off here.

Christopher Zguris

[log in to unmask] / http://www.christopherzguris.com

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,