From:
Paul Duthie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 15:21:55 +1000
Hello Demetri,

Ok..can each computer find the other ?

If under Win 98, go start, find computer and type in the other
computers name.

Under 2000/XP its slightly different but you should be able to find
it. I think in 2K its under Network Neighbourhood and in XP if you go
Start, Find one of the options is computers.

If this doesnt work...hmmm

What OS are each machines running ?

What Protocols are running on each machine..for example IPX under 95
and 98 are different and wont talk to each other.

Try this :

On Machine A set your Ip as following :

192.168.0.1 subnet 255.255.255.0 no default gateway

Machine B

192.168.0.2 subnet 255.255.255.0 no default gateway

Restart both, then see if you can see each machine.

Also, machines wont show up under Network Neighbourhood (on 95/98
anyway..they will under NT/2K/XP) if they dont have devices shared.

In a Windows Explorer Window try typing from Machine A \\192.168.0.2
in the address bar..this should show the shared items on Machine B. If
you do this the opposite way it should also work.

Failing that...I'll have to think some more :)

--
Best regards,
Paul Duthie                     [log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml