From:
Byron Wolter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:22:33 -0500
I have two friends who purchased Lexmark.  They are not happy.  Sometimes
they just don't want to work or give erroenous errors.  Claims it's out of
ink when it isn't. etc.  My school obtained two Lexmark inkjet printers and
have had problems with them.  Our school receptionist has a Lexmark laser
which I set up and never has there been a problem.  Epson's will go bad if
not used.  I'd stick with HP.  I've never had a problem with the 3 I've
have.

Byron Wolter

I can only speak through personal experience, but in my previous job I
had a little HP Deskjet 960 (I think--it's been a year) color printer
that was a little workhorse. I know that I turned out a much larger
volume on that little printer (it was shared with the marketing dept for
about 6 months or so) and I would turn out reams of printed materials for
talks that my boss did (CEO of a software development co and very high
demand as a speaker) Anyway, I'm sure that it it stacked in someone's
office or storage now, but it was a great little machine. Not the fastest
printer on the market, but lovely , crisp print and a true workhorse. I
imagine that we turned out more on that printer in a year than it was
planned to do in a lifetime, with NO problems. I could count on it for
anything, including feeding cardstock.

Now I have a question. I am considering purchasing a Lexmark printer. I
need a new one as my epson  stylus color 420 received very little use for
about 2 years, then when we set it up to use again, I am not very happy
with the quality of the print. So I have pretty much decided to retire it
and purchase a Lexmark. I've seen the all-in-ones that they have,
printer/copier/fax (I think), but I think I will be better off simply
purchasing the printer only (i can always do copies at work), but what
has been the general consesus/opinions on it?

Susan W

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml