From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2010 09:52:09 -0700
  I've recently got a new machine running Windows 7, and there were two
ways I had customized XP that I haven't yet found how to duplicate with
this new OS.  I'll be slightly disappointed if these functions are
actually missing -- I'm hoping I just need pointers to how to achieve
these effects:

1.  I've found it convenient to have a desktop shortcut directly to the
"Services" management applet.  (This is so I can turn off Apple's
unnecessary services, especially "Bonjour", after each time I update
QuickTime/iTunes.)  I can live with navigating there throgh the Control
Panel if I must, but a direct shortcut is nice.  Under XP, I just
dragged the icon to the desktop and I think chose "Create Shortcut
Here".

2.  I continue to have minor visual issues as a result of a mild stroke
back in January.  I found most of the XP features intended to assist
users with impairments or disabilities unhelpful, if not outrightly
antagonistic, but there was an option (under Control Panel->Mouse, I
think) to load a set of oversize mouse cursors, and I think it was that
that also made it so if I press and release the Ctrl key, a concentric
circular "wave" on the screen shows me where the cursor has got to.

  Are these effects available in Win 7?  If so, how?

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml