From:
Michele Sayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 23:48:33 -0000
Hi, from what I've learnt (via pcbuild) recently about partitioning, I
wouldn't have thought it was a partition problem if it's stating that you
still have 33+G available.
I can't answer if you can repartition without losing data, in my case, the
answer was no.(This was because I was only using 40+% of my hard drive, and
there was another partition which I couldn't access. I wanted to use 100% of
my hard drive with one o/s, which I have now achieved)
Just to be sure about firewalls, have you tried disabling them just for a
few minutes,  and then try to download while the firewall is disabled?
I don't know what o/s you're using, but I'm sure xp has it's own firewall. I
don't know if that could cause problems or not.
The reason I'm asking about firewalls, is, because once, after my children
had been using my computer, I suddenly could not download either.
It turned out that my firewall settings had been altered.
After hours of checking everything, I disabled the firewall, and it
downloaded perfectly.
Just a thought.
M.Sayer

                     support at our newest website: