From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:09:50 -0500
Hi Venkat,

If you're still having the below referenced problem, let me share my
experience with the same thing. Built a new system, transferred the
win98 system to the new HD, everything went fine, but the cdr-w I'd
bought and installed wasn't seen in Windows. It showed okay in
bios, and on bootup would be recognized, but nowhere in Win98.
The jumper was set to master on it, and I came to the conclusion it
had something to do with the cable, after going through everything I
could think of. I reversed them, changed them, tried different
connectors with no luck. Then I found the cable that had actually
come with the motherboard, and plugged it into that (I had been
using the one that came with the CDR, which swapping it with the
hd cable worked), and magically, there it was in windows, and
working fine. I can't say that's what is going on in your case, but if
you were using the cable that  it was originally hooked up with, it
might be worth it to try swapping it out with a different one,
specifically the one that came with the board. Good luck on the rest.

Sue Clark
Bristol, ME

On 24 Jan 2005 at 8:33, Venkat Viswanathan wrote:

(B) however when i went to device manager i found that only my hd
was
recognised as disk drive (along with floppy drive of course which
also
i had connected separately in the floppy channel on the mobo)and
my
cdrom under cdrom drive heading. in other words windows did not
recognise my dvd player and cdrw.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com