From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:30:51 -0500
Hi Paul,   Happy New Year

Is there anyway that someone else has acces to the laptop?

The closest I came was to interpret EZYTCH as EZY Tech
and there is such a company  http://www.ezytech.com/

Whether there's a connection with this at all, I don't know ,
but something definitely changed.

I guess you still have a copy of the original login settings,
but won't help is something was changed without your knowledge.

That's the best I can do for now.

Peter E.

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S. <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:

> I'm trying to boot into a networked laptop but I'm off the network and the
> message is "The User Profile service failed the logon.  User profile cannot
> be loaded."
> I'm not currently connected to the network, but I thought I had signed
> into it successfully before I left the office for the Xmas break, which
> would usually allow me to sign on to the local computer.
> However, when I click on 'switch user' to try another id/password, I get a
> message - "to log on to your computer (not a domain), type EZYTCH\local
> user name".
> I've never seen that message before, and 'EZYTCH' doesn't even show up in
> a web search.  Is this something new or maybe some sort of new security or
> a virus/malware?  I've seen 'sign on to LaptopPH' or whatever the computer
> name is in the past, but that is not the computer name.
> For signing on, it doesn't recognize me that way either.  I'll try to sign
> on again next week when I'm back in the office, but that 'EZYTCH' message
> is bothering me.
> Paul

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>