From:
Ted Gamin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:37:45 -0700
Until the past 2 months I would have endorsed the
Dell's without hesitation. Unfortunately the new 800
series is suffering bad keyboards and motherboard
problems. I work for the State and of the 67 we
purchased in April, 9 have had parts replacment so
far.That represents 13 1/2 % which I feel is
unacceptable. Please note that Dell has farmed out
repair service and now it is 3-4 days from Call-in
until service. We are a large customer...I pity a
consumer having a problem and the wait for repair they
may encounter. Just my .02 worth...Best of luck.

http://finance.yahoo.com