From:
Peter Elliman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:26:16 -0700
I've looked at different posts on upgrading to Windows XP and could not
validate whether what I want to do will work as expected.  I currently have
Windows98 on an old P3 machine.  I am building a new machine and want to place
a clean version of XP Pro on this machine.

1) Can I use an Windows XP upgrade CD to install XP on a clean drive on the new
PC?  If this is possible, it would entail creating a Win98 boot disk for the
new machine and then running the XP upgrade, correct?

2) Does the XP upgrade install all of the approriate files on the new HD?
I do not want XP to live on the same, small drive used on current Win98 machine
and I prefer a clean install of XP.

4) Is this possible (and recommended) or should I simply install a full copy XP
on the new machine?

Thanks,
Peter

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,