From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:58:28 -0300
I beg to differ.  If all  you save are the *.INF files and *.HLP, you will
be "up the creek with no paddle"!  INF files are just Information, how the
drivers are to  be installed, NOT the drivers themselves.  You need to
download the current drivers from the Internet or already have them on CD or
floppy.  HLP are just files that open when you invoke the help in any
program in Windows, no drivers there!  If you format you loose every driver
you already had (and probably spent lots of hours downloading), if you just
destroy the registry (backups too), at least you still have all the
necessary files to install most  hardware that Windows detects when you
reinstall.  Just for argumentīs sake, there are lots of hardware items made
that do not need "drivers", they use the INF files to install using existing
Windows files (example:  most hardware modems).  Just my 2-cents.
Howard in Fortaleza, Brazil

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com