From:
Peter Ramins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:26:48 -0400
>either have a bad batch of media (which happens quite often to
>me...especially with the "discount" blanks), your CD Writer needs a good

>> >If you ARE using the CD-RW's then you have either received a bad batch
of
>> >media, your CD Writer needs to be cleaned, or the drivers are not
installed
>> >properly.

    I have found that while it is tempting to buy a large pack of the
discount media, it's generally better to spend the extra bit per CD and get
some quality stock. To name just a few, some of the problems I and my
friends have run into with cheap CDRs include failed writes, short life
span, and narrow compatibility with other normal CD drives, meaning burned
CDs may work fine on writer, and certain CD-ROMs, but are totally unreadable
on others.  With good media, generally this won't happen.

Keep in mind, you normally DO get what you pay for.

-Peter Ramins

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html