From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:45:03 -0400
I heard about the slowed burning also, but that only occurs when you are trying to copy a CD from your CD-ROM to a blank CD on your CD-RW.  My Dell has the DVD-CD as a slave to the CD-RW, and came that way.  I got a message from Nero that it would slow down a copy I was trying to make, but I've never had a problem.

 DVD - CD-RW  -  HDD connections

>> You're going to have to have a cable that jumps from the HDD way at the
>bottom all the way past everything in between to the DVD at the top.
>
>I discovered that when I tried to connect the ribbon cable between the DVD
>and HDD.  I solved that problem by moving the DVD to the lowest wide bay and
>moving the CD-RW up to the top.
>
>>Why not have the DVD be a slave to the CD-RW on IDE1, and have the HDD be a
>solo on IDE0, which would leave you the option of >having a second hard
>drive or something else on the same channel.
>

>I've read some commentary that recommends connecting the DVD drive and HHD
>on the primary.  They suggest connecting the DVD on the CD-RW cable will
>slow down writing.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml