Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 01:04:06 -0600
Oh I see the misunderstanding...I hadn't meant that the computer was
actually *in* bed just that *she* was in bed. The computer itself is on
a "swing arm" table with the designed for use in beds. It stands on the
floor and the top swings over the bed. It does have a lip around the
tabletop and wrist supports attached to the front.

Sorry for being vague,my bad...It hadn't occured to me to describe the
swing table it sits on but frankly I appreciate your statements,few
people nowadays give much consideration to the elderly and infirmed,I
certainly do and have gone to great lengths to ensure that her house is
safe and set up for her and her caregivers needs hence the reason the
word "overcharged" in the error message alarmed me.

Thanks,
Julie Bray

Richard Glazier wrote:

> I will only deal with one part of this, mixed in below...
>
> From: "Julie"
>
>> but I'd feel a lot better if she wasn't using a battery at all,I
>> worry about fire and all and she doesn't need a battery anyway,she
>> got the computer so she could use it in bed and not for mobility.
>

> Things above are contradictory, or at lease too vague.
> Having a laptop "in bed" is NOT safe.
> They get hot easily, and have been known to burn the laps of
> "normal people" in "regular use" when placed on their laps...
> That would be a "normal use" considering it is part of the name...
> Note that old people have sensitive skin sometimes and burn
> easily, or it becomes damaged quicker, etc...
>
> IF the laptop was always on a hard surface, like a table that hangs
> over the bed, I would see no problem... (Other than falls, etc.)
> It has to have at least some air flow across the bottom, and NOT be
> insulated there by sitting on blankets etc.. or have any vents
> blocked, etc...
>
> I am looking forward to seeing other, more complete answers, as I have
> a very old laptop with a very old battery...
>
>                                                 Rick Glazier

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>