Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 22:40:45 +1000
what ever Maxtor has in store, we use them as customer usually ask for low
price (and Maxtor lately always been the lowest on price).  ATA133 is full
of hyper, IDE drives can't really take advantage of it, as IDE RAID 0 won't
pass 80mbps normally, the best RAID card (switch technology) + fastest HDDs
with raid 0 on 64bit PCI bus can pass over 100mbps (the best we've got is
from raid 0 WD120JB drives on 64bit 3ware card), if I remember right, we hit
130mbps, but it can be only done on WD or IBM HDDs.

from all the reviews I can find and our own tests (we do test on our own
build if possible in order to get idea of products performance), WD and IBM
have been the fastes HDDs around, one major advantage WD holds is that it
offers 8mb buffer.  on single HDD test, Maxtor 133 drive can never pass any
fast ATA100 drives.

Jun Qian