Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:33:43 +1100
First, I agree Intel brand mobo is good on stability, and you can't go wrong
if you just want a business machine with basic of every thing.

For more ASUS info, you may check www.asusboards.com

As far as I can tell, ASUS used to be great, recently (for a while already),
they started having serious BIOS issue and quality control problems on some
models.  I'm system builder, it is a common thing for me to see all sort of
DoA and defective mobo from all brand.  ASUS isn't bad compare with other
brands (I won't name them, but you might be shocked how bad few respected
brands fails these days).  The good news about ASUS is that it still offers
3 year warranty, and BIOS fixes (might be beta BIOS, but they work) are
pretty good.

If there is one brand I should recommend today, it has to be Epox.  Epox
used to be a bad brand as their early AMD boards are so bad that we had to
return them all and stopped dealing with Epox.  But Epox did learn from
their mistake and got things right these days.

One thing I learned is that you can't judge a product from reviews you could
find on the net or anywhere else, those manufacturers always send hand
picked and their best possible stuff to review places, and ship "cut down
version" to retail.  The best example is video card, you always read how
good a card can perform and overclock, but you never ever get it from
retail.

maybe after all, it is only our poor Australia users get bad stuffs all the
time, so ...

Jun Qian