From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:13:46 -0600
> On 27 Mar 99, at 9:53, Dennis Noble wrote:
>
> > I have used Zip drives for years and have always used a PP external
> > unit on my personal computer. Just recently, I had a left over
> > internal IDE unit and installed it into my system. The unit worked
> > and read all of my old ZIP disk up until I loaded the drivers that
> > came with the unit. The internal ZIP is mfg by NEC but is still a
> > 100MB unit. When I try to access a ZIP disk used by my old external
> > zip drive, it states that the disk is not formatted. Once formatted,
> > it works fine. The problem is that after the internal ZIP formats the
> > disk, the External ZIP no longer is able to read the disk until it
> > formats the disk again. So, I can't read or share information between
> > the two.
> >
> > Again, I was initially able to read the old disk in the new internal
> > unit untill the new intall software was installed. I have also tried
> > to reinstall the old drivers with no luck. Has anyone had this
> > problem and are you aware of a fix?

I have an IDE Zip drive, a scsi zip drive and PP zip drive and they all can
read all zip disks created from any of the zip drives.  I am using the
latest drivers from Iomega on the 3 machines that I have the zip drives on.
By using the drivers from Iomega a window opens up with the contents of the
zip disk when I insert a disk.  The internal IDE zip drive is a NEC but I
never used the drivers that came with the drive I used the Iomega drivers on
all 3 computers.  The computers are all running Win98. Hope this helps.

Mary Wolden

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html