From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:06:56 -0500
Hi Vital.

Happy Holidays en Happy New Year to you as well.

While it's entirely possible that the Hub is in fact a USB v1,1
it's more likely that the computer USB port that you plugged
the Hub into is USB v1.1

A lot of computers have ports with different specs
USB v1.1 and also v2,0 ,  USB v2.0 and v3.0 for newer computers.

Having said that, it's typical that the system gives that message,
especially if the hub is not powered externally .
The system "sees" 2 interfaces - 1 internally, the other from the Hub.

The USB ports that are directly connected  (soldered) to the motherboard
are fastest.
the others are on extensions and are typically slower.
Some devices won't work well or not at all via a Hub especially if USB
powered.

These hubs are generally misunderstood. You may have a 7 port  USB powered
Hub,
but the maximum power that it can deliver is what the computer port can
deliver
and may (will)  be far short of what 7 devices will demand.

See here under Power -approx halfway down the page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB
More than you ever wanted to know about USB  ......

Where the one you bought fails, is to be USB powered, not externally
powered.
(Usualy with a small AC 110 (220)V  to 5 V adapter.)

Try the USB key on a direct port- usually on the back plate of the computer.

As for your RAM- I suspect a slip of the finger- I bet it's 1 GB
XP won't operate on 1 MB  :)

Peter E.

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Vital Tremblay wrote:

> Hi! Happy holidays
>
> This is the second time a buy an USB Hub and got the same problem. When i
> connect an USB Key on it I got the message that this device will work
> better on a USB 2 port. So that tell that the HUB is not acknowleged as a
> USB 2 device. Does that mean that the HUB is not truly USB 2 device or the
> problem is somewhere else?
>

> The last HUB I bought is
>

> http://www.ebay.ca/itm/161498868396?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
>
> I have a IBM P4 2.4 GH 1M ram XP SP3 32bits
>
> Thanks!

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>