From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:22:39 -0500
Dominic wrote:
 > The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free disk
space
> available in the temp directory.
>
> the same netscape setup file worked fine on othe PCs.

   Probably the file didn't copy right. Did you use the Netscape file
from a burned CD? I see this exact message happen on a couple of clones
we have. I suspect the copying of the file to the hard drive from the
burned CD prior to installation or trying to install it from CD fails on
those computers because of a fast CD drive. Sometimes it helps to knock
down the performance of the CD drive in Control
Panel/System/Performance/File System/CD-ROM/ Optimize access pattern for
(set to No Read Ahead). Sometimes that helps, usually it doesn't. I
typically pull down Netscape from the server on those machines.

  If you're just trying a download on the machine then you may have a
corrupt copy. Get another copy.

Later,

Russell Smith
Region 14 ESC Abilene, Texas