From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:26:10 +1000
It should be ok as long as you don't have too many internal stuff (eg. sound
card, internal modem, SCSI host card ...). If you feel the power supply is not
powerful enough, the only way to fix it is to change another powerful one. For
your own good, do not connect monitor's power via the computer power supply! I
don't know why, but I've seen the difference between separate power and power
passby (sometimes cause boot problem) on some systems.

I haven'e seen any mobo which can use two power supply together, so that I
don't think it's possible to use two power supply in one case.

J Qian

Sami Al_mohssen wrote:

> hello all
>
> i just ordered a dual CPU motherboard. i've been told that my current
> power supply (250w) is not going to be good enough for the motherboard. is
> this true? even though i'm not going to connect the monitor to the mail
> power supply.
>
> i could not find 300w power supplys anywhare here. is it OK if i use 2
> normal power supplays

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html