Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 10:11:44 +1200
Anne, after retrieving a Pokemon card from your CDRom (LOL, I assume you have children using the machine), it's probably not surprising that it's not functioning.

The laser optic assembly can be knocked out of line fairly easily by foreign bodies, particularly detached labels, and I don't think the device can be (economically) re-calibrated.

It's possible the only course is a new CD reader.  Perhaps you might also consider replacing it with a CD Writer, which will read as well as write.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown
New Zealand

  From: Anne Smith Subject: [PCBUILD] CD not seeing CD's

  Hello,
  I have a 44x CD reader in my Pentium 200, 32 Meg RAM running on Win98SE.

  Recently, it started to be a unreliable in 'seeing' there was a CD Rom inside. I used one of the commercial lens cleaner CD's and all was fine for a while, but now it doesn't see anything.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com