From:
Steve Dias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:13:23 -0600
Sounds like the hard drive is not starting or not recognized. Try touching
the hard drive while turning on the PC to see if you can feel it spinning
up. Sometimes after sitting idle for a period the drive's bearings develop
some 'stiction'. If the drive does not appear to be spinning check cables,
and try another power lead to the drive. I've seen hard drives begin
spinning up after a moderate tap on the side from a screwdriver
handle...might try that. In either case, if you get it running it might be a
good idea to salvage important data and replace the drive.
hth,
Steve

> Hello..I have a HP pavilione6532 ..it's been in storage for two years..was
> working fine before this..when i went to start it up..it said ..operating
> system not found..I only have 1 recovery cd so I tried a boot disk but
> isaid something about a problem with F32 partition..I pushed the F1 key
> and it says that there is no primary slave..no hard drive...we checked all
> the plugs inside to make sure that they were attached and they were...I
> have both windows 98 and 2000 on the computer..and nothing happens when I
> try to reload them as it says there is no operating system...Fdisk won't
> work because there is no hard drive....I was looking at some of the
> downloads to help me ...someone said that I may need to reformat the hard
> drive but how do I get tothe part where I can enter the commands ..I can't
> do that..what do I do..Help

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads