From:
Gareth Cranny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:05:04 -0500
A Geforce 2 MX is probably your best bet, checkout pccanada.com.  Stay away
from the creative though, as while the memory is DDR as apposed to SDR,
there is only half the bandwidth available or so the rumour goes.  Judging
by the price of the card ($189.99) i'd guess that its true and the ddr is
just a marketing ploy.

Cheers

My daughters gave me a great game for Christmas - B-17 Flying Fortress II.
The graphics are crapola because of my antiquated system, which is as
follows.
Micron Millennia XKU Tower
300 Mhz Pentium II
WD 4.2 UW SCSI HDD
128 RAM Memory
Number Nine Revolution 3-D Video Card w/8MB
2940 UW SCSI Host
20x Plextor SCSI CD-ROM
Hitachi 21' Monitor
SB AWE 64 Sound Card

Is it possible to just change out my current video card with a new Radeon
32DDR or a NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS 32MB DDR (like Leadtek) and realize most of
the potential of this game or must I completely rebuild the system with new
MB, CPU, memory and so on? Would the ATI driver problems be a factor here?
What might be the best video card for my limited system if I wanted to stay
under $200? I appreciate anyone taking a moment to ponder this
not-too-important
problem, since my ignorance factor is higher than most.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org