From:
Drew Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:20:30 -0600
Go ahead and plug your CD-R drive into that card.  It will work just fine.
I used the very same CD-R/SCSI card combination myself for over a year.

Be sure to follow the rules for termination:  the last device on each end of
the SCSI chain must be terminated.  In other words, since you'll have at
least one external device and at least one internal device, the the last
device on the external cabling must be terminated, the card must NOT be
terminated (the auto-termination feature did not work for me with my Adaptec
2940U, had to do it from the CTRL-A prompt) and the last device on the
internal cable must be terminated.

The Adaptec 2940U is completely compatible with SCSI-2.

Capiche?  Cool!

=d=

Drew Dunn
http://adsl24.bois.uswest.net/drew/index.htm