From:
Rosie Richter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:41:43 -0800
Hi all,

I have a remote control for my electric bed (needed for back problems) and I just had a part replaced.   The remote now works only at certain levels.  If I'm standing up and start the remote to raise the bed, it will work if I hold it above my head or below my waist.  (that's sometimes... it's random... sometimes it works at waist level).  The remote actually stops as if there is an invisible force blocking it.

The installer said that it's because I have a lot of computers.  (I have 5 computers and DSL).   He also said it could be a neighbor with powerful electronic equipment.  The remote worked the day before the part was replaced.  I didn't add any electronic equipment during or after the part was replaced.    I unplugged my computers and my DSL modem and sitll have the problem.   All my other remotes work (vcr, electric fan).

Is it possible that my DSL or computers just being in the house could cause the interference?   Or, if it's a neighbor, how can I tell who/what is causing the problem?  Is there a way for me to shield my remote from the interference?

Or, do you think the installer is wrong and something went wrong with the electric bed?   I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions you can give me.

Thanks,

Rosie Richter

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml