From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:32:20 -0500
> Could someone please tell me what do I power up first: my PC or
> my monitor?
> I have always turned my PC on first then my monitor.  Is that the correct
> order?

        Although many many people feel that there is a specific correct order for
turning on the various parts of computers, I have never seen any damage
occur because of "incorrect order". About the worst thing that can happen is
if you don't turn off a device while win9x plug and pray is looking for it
it won't be detected (duh) and you will most likely have to restart (this
can occur with a monitor, modem, etc.). The only thing you should try to
prevent (although I again have never seen any damage occur because of it) is
hot connecting items, ie. plugging in a ZIP drive to a computer when both
devices are on. I don't follow my own advice here and have never had any
damage because of it but I do see the possibility. TTYL

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html