From:
ERIK150n <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 11:20:41 EST

<< Chuck Hassenplug wrote:

 > How do I change these settings in the system.ini? What do I type? Thank
you,
 >     Chuck Hassenplug
 >
 > >The rule of thumb is to set vcache min at 1MB and max at one-fourth of
your
 > >physical RAM. In your case that would be 12 MB. >>

You can change this setting directly by editing the systym.ini file.  Any text
editor will let you do this, but there is a program in your windows directory
called sysedit.exe, which lets you edit that and a few other windows
configuration files.

when you open the system.ini file ,scroll down until you find the heading
[vcache]
under this heading type in min filecache=1024 (for 1 meg)
and on the next line max filecache=12288 (for 12 megs)

reboot your computer and thats all there is too it.
i'd also like to point out that if you have any third party disk cahce
programs running like Norton SpeedDisk which change this setting on there own,
you will need to disable that program in order for your settings to take
effect.

hope this answers your question.

Erik Best