Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:09:42 EST
In a message dated 01/24/2004 11:25:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Date:   Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:29:52 -0700
> From:   sharon gofstein <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Video Card
>
> Appreciate all the help. We returned the AGP video card and got a PCI video
> card. We've just put it in but the directions that we had printed out from
> the cd say to click the start menu etc to run the set-up and installation.
> But since the monitor doesn't come up because the video card hasn't gone
> through set-up, we can't run the set-up. So, what now? Therapy?
>
> TIA, -Sharon

Make sure that you have the display adapter in Device Manager set to Standard
VGA prior to installation of the drivers for your new card. In Control Panel,
Add New Hardware, choose to have Windows look for new drivers and then set it
to Standard VGA adapter. That should enable your monitor. You might want to
check in the BIOS to see if you need to disable on-board video, or see if you
have jumpers on your motherboard to manually disable it.

Chris Ryan