From:
Bob Allston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:02:01 -0500
I did something stupid and need to know how to undo it.  I was attempting to resolve a hardware conflict and I disabled the hard drive controller.  Now when I boot up the machine all I get is a monochrome animation of putting a floppy disk in the drive.  It is asking for a boot disk because it only recognizes that drive now.  I have tried several boot disks to no avail.  The machine is an IBM Thinkpad 600E that was given to me by a failed dot-com I worked for.  It was running Win 98SE (which I don't have the cd for).  Any help would be appreciated, I have lots of stuff on that drive I would really like to salvage if possible.

Thanks.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com