From:
"Walter R. Worth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:48:20 -0800
On  Monday, January 24, 2000 3:43 PM,
"Yui Shin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<snip> > Recently I was sent an advertisement on AOL about a piece of
hardware that
> > would let one answer an incoming phone call, yet remain connected to the
> > internet for up to 30 seconds.  I have since deleted this ad and was
> > wondering if anyone has ever heard of this product, or better yet, have
> had
> > any experience with this?  I know of Internet Call Manager but that
> doesn't
> > allow you to answer the phone and stay connected.   If anyone knows of
any
> > another solution I'm open to ideas.
>
> I've actually used a demo downloaded from http://www.download.com
> I found it by doing a search from thir site for caller-id.
> The program requires Call Waiting from your phone service and
> Caller ID optional. In my case the caller's number would flash on the
> screen and I would have a short menu of options:
<snip>

Try Internet Answering Machine,  to see if it does what you want,  and d/l
it from here:
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10062-100-1400443.html?tag=st.dl.10001_
103_1.lst.titledetail .  It is free so be sure to read all the fine print on
just what it "does" do and what its "doesn't" do <vbg>.  HTH. :-)

Walter R. Worth

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html