From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:38:03 -0800
Chuck,

When it was first plugged in, did you see anything from Windows about "New
Hardware Found" or some such? If not, then I suspect the front USB
connectors, as you hypothesize, are not connected or not functional. Since
it is on an Antec case, it must be a home or VAR built (not commercial like
HP, Dell, etc) machine, so there is no guarantee they connected the front
USB ports. Some older motherboards didn't even have connectors to hook to a
front USB.

If you still have the problem when using the rear USB ports, then shout back.

Russ Poffenberger

At 11:23 AM 1/6/2005, you wrote:
>can anyone tell me how to get Windows XP Pro S2 to recognize a Samsung
>YH-920GS digital audio player? i was on the phone 2 hours with them this
>morning and was about to return it as defective when i tried it on a
>Windows 2000 computer and it installed and works just fine, thank you.
>Samsung recommended calling MicroSoft but i will only do that torturous
>ordeal as a last resort.
>
>computer:
>Intel P4 3 GHz
>1 GB RAM
>
>i tried this on the front USB connectors that are on an Antec case. maybe
>i should try it on the USB connectors that are on the motherboard itself.
>
>Chuck Finnigan

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml