From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:24:45 -0700
  Thank you!

  The case that these are going into has 8 5.25" bays, a couple of 3.5" bays
(not externally accessible) and two power supplies.  I found it in a surplus
shop, with a couple of bay coolers and a couple of removable-drive bays
(that match the ones I've been using) still installed, but no drives,
motherboard, etc.  My plan is to move my existing dual-CPU SCSI-based
system, plus the new drives, into there, and rebuild their current tower
with an Athlon XP and some UDMA drives with 8MB buffers.  (I recently got a
couple of Maxtor 160GB drives, on sale for $70 apiece.)

  This is the first significant PC-building I've done in a couple of years,
and so it may generate a few additional questions over the coming months....

Dave Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com