From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:17:57 -0700
I would remove the heat sink and operate the lever where you can observe
how it is supposed to work. Then when you put it back on, you will know
how it is attaching itself. The lever does take some force but not a lot
to get it to snap into place.

I've run into heat sink attachment issues, but once I've taken a few
moments to examine how it is supposed to work, the next attempt always
was successful.

Tom Mayer

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> This is my first build and have just encountered a problem.
> I just installed the Heatsink/Fan. AMD AM2 with retail heatsink. I snapped both clips in place. The AMD video says that I should pull the black lever down and snap it into place. It wont budge. I think that if I put any more force on it, it will break.
>
> Thanks
>
> Daniel
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com