From:
Al McCarville <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:16:34 -0500
G'Day All!

My AcerView 76ie Monitor is approximately 4 years old, it has developed the following problem.

The screen goes blank at what seems random times , but sometimes is associated with a mouse click.

It would appear that it has gone into sleep mode, with the power light indicator going yellow, or
flashing green, however i have this turned off in power management and bios.

I have two ways of getting the display back, one is to turn the monitor off for 5 minutes, and turn it
back on, or give it a not so gentle smack on the top right of the monitor face plate.

The display returns for varying amounts of time, and some days are better than others.

I have cleaned the screen and case, vacuumed out the cooling holes, it has plenty of ventilation.

So I don't know what the problem could be, with the exception that its lived its life time and
requires a replacement.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks

Allan McCarville