From:
"Wayne@Tammy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 21:07:46 -0400
At 10:50 AM 09/08/99 -0700, you wrote:
>On 8 Aug 99, at 23:08, Wayne@Tammy wrote:
>
>> I partitioned it into a 50 MB C: drive, and a 1 GB D: drive, tried
>> installing Windows 95 on D: , but Windows stalls during the install
>> process because of problems on the first partition.
>
>  Now delete that first partition, so that the 1GB becomes C:, and try
>installing.
>

>David G

Already tried that, get an error - "Error SU-0013 - Setup could not create
files on your startup drive and cannot set up Windows".

"If you Have HPFS or Windows NT file system, you must create an MS-DOS boot
partition.  If you have LANtastic server or SuperStor compression, disable
it before running Setup. See SETUP.TXT on Setup Disk 1 or the Windows CD-ROM".

Tried this with both 95 and 98.  Seems that it wants to install files on a
primary DOS partition, not extended (at least some files).   I still think
my only hope is some type of switch that will force FORMAT to continue,
even if it finds an error, or some type of partitioning software that can
"remove" the bad section of hard drive.

Thanks for replying, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Wayne Rowlinson

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html