From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:25:08 -0400
You should only low level format a SCSI drive from
the SCSI adapter's ROM, or with a program specifically
provided by the drive's manufacturer.  In this case an
Adaptec SCSI controller is being used. I would press
CTRL-A (or whatever the cold-boot message suggests) to
enter the SCSI setup routine.  From there select format,
and that should fix the apparent damage.  Format the drive
again using the Microsoft format command in windows or dos.
That's a necessary step since a low level format does not
create a file system.  It should be ready then for use.
Tom Turak