From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 08:50:36 -0500
At 06:01 PM 3/16/1998 Rick Glazier wrote:

> Booting almost right to the "safe to turn off screen" is a
> known problem.
> Did you "step by step" with F8, or does Safe Mode Work?
> This could also be sound related. I would not look at the
> drive too long...
> Remove everything you can (sound card, etc.) and try to get running as
> simple as possible first.  And good luck...  You will find you have a
> conflict or a bad file.

Rick:

I tried this (re-install without other expansion card) but other
errors crashed the system.

I did a low level format with Troubleshooter then re-zeroed
out the drive with WDDIAG (from WDC) and have re-installed
Windows 95. Appears to be working but this drive is not
within acceptable comfort levels. It'll get replaced.

Thanks, Rick, and to those others who sent me advice
privately.

Regards,

John Chin