From:
DISC Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 09:29:22 -0400

Anybody using DRAM instead of SDRAM on any LX mobo has bigger problems then
I wanna know about, but you are right those figures kinda suck, but what
about with SDRAM? And saying that AGP has no technical advantage! come on,
dont you think that a PCI bus could start getting a little bogged down when
everything is going PCI now, I could put together a system with a PCI
modem, SCSI card, Ethernet card and even a sound card, I think that may
hurt the performance of any video card plugged into the PCI bus and lets
notforget your UDMA hard drives dont they also run on the PCI bus also?
sound  like and awful lot for a bus that has a bandwidth of 132MB per
second at least I think so anyway. AGP is not going anywere right now and
just wait for 4X AGP which will have a bandwidth of up to 1GB :-) There is
definetly an advantage to going with an AGP card thats for sure.

  James Kerr