From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:14:53 -0400
-----Original Message-----

Date:    Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:45:34 -0500
From:    Fred P Zacher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Reformat Sata Drive

I have a PC with an ASUS A8V Deluxe mb and a Seagate Barracuda 250gb SATA
HD. I am trying to reformat the HD due to a virus. It keeps sending massive
amounts of email and we can't get rid of it.
   I can boot OK with the XP install CD. It shows the Seagate drive on
boot-up. I can load in the SATA drivers but when it gets to the place where
it installs XP it says no hard drive found. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Fred

------------------------------

I just recently had to reinstall XP on a Dell that supports SATA drives, and
during the install had the same message pop up. During the install, Windows
will ask you at one point if you need to install third party drivers for
SCSI drives. This is what you need. My PC has a floppy, and at that point, I
took the XP disc out, placed the mobo drivers disk that came with the PC
(Dell) in and it copied files over to the floppy. I removed the drivers
disc, placed the XP disc (which is an OEM Windows disc) back in and at the
point where Windows asked for SCSI drivers continued with the installation
after loading the SCSI drivers off of the floppy. (there is an option during
the install to press F8 for third party or SCSI drivers if I remember
correctly)

Did your mobo come with a driver disc and do you have a floppy drive?
Drivers can probably be obtained from the manufactureers website in the
absence of a drivers disc, but if you don't have a floppy drive I'm not sure
how you would accomplish this unless you have a second optical drive. Maybe
there are others on the list that have this particular info.

HTH

Chris Ryan

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com