From:
Mtka Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 03:58:50 EDT
In a message dated 8/17/98 12:47:05 AM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Hi all,

 I have a few questions concerning the above subject:

 How can I get a hold of a Catalog(pref. for free)  from a reliable
 wholesaler
 that sells Prosessors (Intel,AMD,etc.) mobo's and the like?

 I'm looking for affordablity, in the prices and shipping.

 Any and all help concerning this subject would be appriciated,
 including any thing I might have missed.

 --Patrick Black >>
I think that you have made a wise decision. You will get the most for your
money and learn alot.

For starters, spend some time reading "Tom's Hardware Page"
www2.tomshardware.com on the web. It has just about everything you will need,
and more, about building a PC. There are also many links to vendors, reviews,
manufactures, etc.

Next advice is to go to your local magazine stand or in some cases, your
computer book store, and get the latest 'Computer Shopper' magazine. It's
about an inch thick and full of articles, discount hardware sellers, reviews,
and a "where to buy" advertisements.

Next, go to the web and check out prices, www.pricewatch.com. Almost all
computer hardware is listed and you will see where the cheapest mail order is
and you can link to their website.

Lastly, and especially if this is your first endeavor to build your own
computer, try to find a local reseller, or hardware store where you can
purchase the components. I suggest this because you may need some help at some
time and local support is much easier, faster, and a good reseller will be
willing to help you.

Good luck!
Blake Renslow, Minneapolis, MN-- [log in to unmask]