From:
Richard Burdess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 23:19:59 -0000
Hi

I have a problem with a Seagate harddrive taken from a dell dimension 4500, the said system Motherboard packed up and I would like to recover some photos from the drive.

I have plugged it into me external case and then to my laptop running XP, it went through the found new hardware setup, but the drive does not show up anyware, no Drive letter, but does show when I click the safely remove hardware icon in the system tray again no drive letter. I have tried it with jumpers set to master/ slave with the same results.

I then loaded AIDA 32 and in devices it showed both my system and the Seagate on clicking on the Seagate I got the following

Partition #1 dell utility  0MB - 31MB
Partition #2 (active) unknown (code $44) 31MB - 76285MB

My Question is:- if I delete petition 1, will I then be able to access and download the photos that are on petition 2

or is there another safer way to recover the the drive into a usable condition.

Thank you

Richard Burdess

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads