From:
Dzingai Chakazamba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:46:19 CAT
Hie all

I hope I will explain my problem clearly.

Last week I "FDISK-ed" two Hard Drives on different PCs.

The two PCs were giving me problems so I decided to format them. I suspected
that their boot sectors might have been infected by a virus, therefore I
deleted the active partitions. (I have done this on numerous other PCs).
However on these two occassions, after the FDISK, checked the Partition
Details, the computer indicated that only 62% of the HDD was available. I
did not see what the remainder 38% was used for.

I thought I did something wrong, so I went to PC-BUILD and printed the
material about FDISK, Formating a HDD and Installation of Win95. I repeated
the the FDISK with the NOSPIN boot disk (I downloaded it), but still the
problem still persisted.

However, when I (right-click) the HDD icon in Windows (Win95a)/Properties it
shows the actual size of the HDD (3.2Gig).Is this normal? Did I do something
wrong?

I will provide any further info if needed.

Dzingai

http://profiles.msn.com.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html