From:
Gary Tennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 10:48:35 -0800
Typically, a USB keyboard reports errors when the computer's BIOS doesn't
have all the USB portions enabled such as:   enable DOS Keyboard USB?
enable USB Keyboard, mouse, etc.

However, disabled USB functions are usually only found on computers with
PS/2 ports.  Check your computer's BIOS and see if all USB functions are
enabled.

.02 dollar's worth.