From:
Ray Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 10:08:46 -0700
At 12:00 PM 6/28/98 -0400, Patrick Black wrote:
>--Hibaernate features may not work on a FAT32 drive.  Hibernate features
>are those that allow some computers to enter a suspend state, with all
>power turned off.

I don't see why this should be.  I'm running OSR2.1 with two hard drives
both repartitioned to FAT32, and my computer enters suspend state without
any problems, unless a background task refuses to cooperate (which has
happened on more than one occasion).

I don't see why converting to FAT32 should affect the hibernate or suspend
features of the computer, since that's a BIOS function and the BIOS doesn't
care how a hard drive has been formatted.

ray

ICQ 8603107

"Whaddya mean I'm on hold?  I thought I was online!!"