From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 20:45:16 -0400
Hi,
I was also not very pleased with the operation. I had a Stylus 600 and it
would take like a minute or more until it was ready to print after turning
on.  I agree, for simplicity and decent quality, HP is a good choice.  I was
dismayed when I read that in the Epson manual about not to use a cartridge
after taking it out.  I had just put a new one in!

Even with the older HP deskjet though (like the 870c) the ink level monitor
is off a lot.  It would prompt to replace the ink cartridge when I was still
getting plenty of printing out of them yet.  I often disable the ink level
monitor in the settings (when people complain) - it's just a nuisance
sometimes.

Dan